Patient satisfaction is a compelling reason to rapidly test the samples from patients with suspected infectious diseases comprehensively. Patients usually seek medical care and go to an emergency ward only if they feel very sick.
Similarly, parents take their young infants to these care places because they are extremely worried and no longer know what care to give. To get a definitive answer regarding the presence or absence of an infectious agent or one that can be safely treated at home is of tremendous emotional and economical value. Patients may experience many other benefits from fast syndromic testing, such as:
1. Quicker access to treatment.
2. Shorter duration of symptoms.
3. Less time out of work or school.
4. Shorter emergency room times.
5. Shorter hospital stay if admitted.
6. Reduction in collateral side effects from antibiotics such as adverse drug reaction, Clostridium difficile infection, and adverse effects on the human microbiome such as intestinal dysbiosis.
7. Reduction in total medical cost for the particular medical encounter.